Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brand Characters

When dealing with companies/products there is a brand name behind them. Every product is own by a company. We can differenite these brands by there logos and characters.

For example there are m’m and everyone knows these chocolate guys.

They have personality too. The yellow one isn’t as smart as the red guy. Everyone knows who they are when you see them on a commercial or print ad. They have been made the characters of M and M’s.
These characters are clear and will always be an image in your brain that will remind you of the product M&M's. 
Other Brands characters 
                                      











Brand Name

Words, letters, or symbols that make up a name that distinguish them from other products and companies. Good brand names are easy to pronounce, clear, remembered and recognized. If imagery is used it should reflect what the logo is representing. 

Here is an example of a logo that I really enjoy. I do purchase Burton product because I think the logo idea is genisu and I snowboard.
I personally enjoy the skater/snowboarding logos. I find there very interesting and always recognizable.  




These are some examples of logos that repesnet what the company is providing. 


1 comment:

  1. A logo should represent the company and when the consumer sees it connect the two. Sometimes logo have to much text or to much pictures vice versa. When you design a logo they should be a balance between the both.

    When ever Ive created a logo and found one I like, I will paste it on the page and change the layout on each. I found that this gives me a variety of the same logo. Sometimes looking at in different ways will help you come to a decision.

    ReplyDelete